Master's of Science in Journalism
The Master's of Science in Journalism is the inaugural Master's program at the Centre for Excellence in Journalism at IBA. The 1.5-year long program allows students to immerse themselves in all forms of journalism – digital, audio and video – and gain practical experience in a newsroom under the guidance of experienced instructors. This is an opportunity for students to learn modern skills to enable them to find employment in reporting and production across media platforms and learn about the intersection of technology and media and the impact it will have on the industry in Pakistan.
The MSJ program aims to be the leading journalism program in Pakistan, recognized for raising the quality of the industry by producing reporters with world-class professional skills, a deep understanding of the nation, the region and the world they will cover and the potential to become creative and innovative industry leaders of tomorrow.
- Critical thinking
- Media and information literacy
- Foundational knowledge of Pakistan and the world
- Industry-specific concepts, skills and issues
- Independent thinking and innovation
- Leadership skills
- Apply knowledge in real-world context.
- Small classes in a workspace equipped with the latest technology
- Instructors with journalism experience, in and outside of Pakistan
- A modern syllabus reflecting new media global trends, created with assistance from Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism.
- Internships with news organizations in a variety of mediums as part of its syllabus.
- Minimum of 16 years of education
- Minimum CGPA of 2.5 or 60% marks in last degree
- Applicants with prior journalism experience encouraged to apply.
The criteria for admission is the performance of the applicant in aptitude test and interview. The aptitude test is a written test of three subjects: English, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
The candidates who pass the aptitude test will qualify for the interview.
|Semester 1||Credit Hours|
|CEJ Newsroom 1||3|
|Digital News Reporting||3|
|Governance & Society in Pakistan||3|
|News Writing & Reporting||3|
|The Profession of Journalism||3|
|CEJ Newsroom 2||3|
|Current Affairs TV Lab||3|
|Capstone Reporting Project||3|
For further details email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictures by: Syed Hasan Haider