Careers at CEJ
The Centre for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ-IBA) seeks the services of energetic, dedicated and result oriented individuals for the following positions.
Grant Writing Officer (Part Time) – (1 Position) (Closed)
The Grant Writing Officer is primarily responsible for identify funding opportunities, developing and writing grant proposals, and will persuasively communicate CEJ mission and programs to potential funders. The Grant Writer will assemble and submit grant requests, establish and maintain personal contact, conduct prospect research, and maintain a calendar of submissions and other deadlines.
- Developing and writing grant proposals, and will persuasively communicate CEJ mission and programs to potential funders to meet the needs of CEJ educational program and expand CEJ ability to offer even greater educational-related opportunities.
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Identify funding opportunities for special programs, using research tools.
- Serving as a liaison to all funding agencies or organizations. (if needed)
- Working with staff on grant and other funding opportunities
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals'
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner. Candidates must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and have experience with non- profit educational institutions. A high level of computer literacy is required, including familiarity with Raisers Edge and Center databases. Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form. A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants, a Master's degree, and 3 -5 years of relevant experience are required. The candidate who can work independently are encourage to apply.
Please submit your cover letter mentioning successful proposals, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com by Feb 10, 2017. Please mention Job tittle in subject. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Program Executive (Contractual) – (1 Position) (Closed)
The Program Executive will be responsible for researching, developing, administering and evaluating courses/seminars in response to the identified needs of CEJ and client groups. The incumbent will also be responsible for business development.
- Program Planning
- Consult with client and staff to identify program needs
- Develop future plans to organize trainings, seminars and other educational programs
- Monitor/evaluate programs and services to ensure they meet stated goals
- Prepare briefs, reports and presentations as required
- Provide assistance to senior officials concerning relevant issues
- Research and develop new trainings/courses
- Develop academic programs
- Identify potential funding sources
- Assist with proposal preparations and report writing
- Liaise with IBA departments
Candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly-organized, and preferably has experience with educational institutions. A high level of computer literacy is required. The candidate must possesses good written and verbal communication skills with ability to seek and synthesize information. Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. A solid understanding of conducting training programs/ seminars, and developing future plans related to education. A Master's degree with 5-6 years of relevant experience preferably in journalism and social science are required. The candidate who can work independently are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 10, 2017. Please mention Job tittle in subject. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls please.